Sunday 14 June 2009

Grazing at my desk


See how tidy my desk is? What do you mean no?!

I don't know about anyone else who finds themselves desk bound, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm - there's a variety of things I bribe myself with to stay there, which progress to threats when a trip to Lush to stock up on goodies, or a Milkybar stops working (by the way, as an aside... why I have I failed to understand the inherent goodness of white chocolate until recently?) However, in an attempt to eat more healithy of late (last years summer skirts are feeling just a little bit too tight) I have found myself staring wistfully on at my pc as colleagues tuck into cakes and biscuits.

And then I discovered Graze, through a recommendation from a similarly desk-bound friend. Graze is basically a box of mixed fruit, nuts and seeds that is delivered to your desk when convenient for you (I tie in my deliveries with Tuesdays as Guides normally means I don't find time for dinner) You can use the website to select favourites and the type of box you want - Personally I have the one which guarantees you 2 portions of your 5 a day, as of late I have struggled to meet this. It also lets you deselect anything you dislike 'Be gone grapefruit!' I'm not going to pretend it's a wonder service, but it is a nice way to increase your fruit intake and decrease your biscuit intake during the day.

I've been using the service for about a month now, and although I can't report any astounding weight loss (dammit) I can say that on my Graze box days I look forward to it arriving (who doesn't like nice things in the post) and I don't snack. I do occaisionally have to avoid the temptation to inhale it all before midday, but if staggered through the day, or occaisionally over 2 days I find it does help me to resist the call of the biscuit tin. Which can only be a good thing.

If you want to try a free box and then another one for £1, courtesy of Penelope's Pantry, then enter this code X5DB99RA

1 comment:

Kavey said...

Hiya
My friends have been talking about Graze for a while, thought I'd give them a try, thanks for code.
Just for info, the second box is £1.49 not £1, though still marvellous deal!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye