Monday 9 May 2011

Meal Planning Monday: Too much month left

Moving house and being poorly have meant that I have too much month left at the end of my money (sadly a common problem in the pantry), and health being slightly wobbly still has meant I'm not going to make it up to the shops tonight. So we'll make do and mend. Or something. Actually, I'm cheating and going to see my Mum at the weekend, so hopefully that'll help me get to the end of the month.

That said, last wek was surprisingly successful, I stayed on plan and on budget which was brilliant. This week I've gone back to work, so am having to think about packed lunches as well. Oh the joy of making your lunch the night before, it just thrills me to the bone. No really, it does.

So there we have it. I'm going to be a good meme participant this week and read and comment on the other contributions, with the sole aim of getting some inspiration.

Monday: Houmous salad for lunch, and Eggy bread for tea (I know, I know, I just couldn't be bothered and on returning from work early and wiped out I'd snacked on half an avocado and some leftover chicken)

Tuesday: Mozzarella and tomato salad for lunch. Salmon and greens for dinner - now I was sure I had blogged this but can't find it so will do at some point this week.

Wednesday: As Tuesday - the other half of the salad and the leftover salmon and greens (you were warned!)

Thursday: Smoked salmon and cream cheese salad for lunch. Mackerel and vegetables for tea

Friday - Saturday: at Mum's (I'm hoping for a takeaway curry)

One thing I've noticed is that my snacking is shocking at the moment. As well as apples, bananas (not low carb in the least I know, but sweet) and dried fruit I pick, so I think I need to be more structured. I think maybe I'm not eating enough at mealtimes (something I remember from my weightwatchers days of yore) so whilst I'm trying to keep my carbs low, I think I need to increase my salads/ greens and proteins. I'm not weighing myself but trousers I couldn't do up when I got them out from my summer clothes vac bag, did up yesterday which is an achievement.

1 comment:

Moi said...

Ooh I like the sound of your week - I am trying to eat more salads and you've inspired me! Thanks for joining in x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye