Friday 20 January 2012

Where did I go right: Herman, but Light at Heart


Following on from my Herman ze German post, this weekend I bakend up the leaven, substituting the cooking apples and sultanas for pears and crystallised ginger. However, I'd also been sent some Light at Heart a new sugar and stevia blend from Tate and Lyle. The information said to use half as much as you would usually, so with a little trepidation I did just that (I had run out of caster sugar) using the white sugar in the cake and the brown to sprinkle on top before cooking.

The result was simply a lovely pear and ginger cake, Herman always bakes up beautifully, and the Light at Heart sugar really has made no difference to the taste at all, which was a lovely surprise.

You'll note it's slightly overcooked *ahem* I was mildly distracted doing Follow Fridays on Twitter, and forgot about it somewhat. But we'll just ignore that. Slightly. *ahem*


For those of you who follow me on twitter, this was the photo I was trying to take when my landlord caught me leaning precariously out of a window with a camera in one hand and a plate of cake in the other!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye