Monday 13 August 2012

Meal Planning Monday: The post-Olympic dip



I never thought I'd say it, but I got completely caught up in the Olympics. I'm now a minor expert in so many sports (some, I'd never even heard of before - Modern Pentathlon I'm looking at you) and how they can be done better, providing I can drink coffee whilst watching them and help with the commentary. No really, just ask me anything - mainly about diving, gymnastics and archery I give you that. I also made a red, white and blue pavlova. Oh yes, with softly whipped cream, blueberries (can I just say how much I adore our local Sainsbury's for reducing their fruit) Blogpost on that to come later this week.

So, all in all it's been a bit of a comedown today, the broadband hasn't been connected, I can't put off the housework any longer. However, Londoners are still being friendly to each other and I'm hoping the Paralympics heading over the horizon keeps it that way. That said, I'm working away from home and we all now how cheerful that makes me.

I did a mealplan for this week but left it at home so I'm doing this from memory.

Breakfasts: fruit, yoghurt with a sprinkle of grape nuts.

Lunch: today was leftover salad with avocado and a random piece of leftover mozzarella. Later in teh week, salad with ham.

Dinners:

Monday: M is having leftover steak, wedges, sweetcorn and mushrooms - it's a kind of assemble it yourself dinner. I've just spent the best part of forty minutes picking cheese and weird 'bacon' bits off a chicken breast and moving chips around the plate.

Tuesday: I'm out for dinner with a friend. M has tortellini with home made tomato pasta sauce.

Wednesday: Courgetti spaghetti

Thursday: M is at archery, so poached eggs with asparagus for me

Friday: Sausages, baked potatoes and salad

Saturday or Sunday I'm going to roast chicken - with lots of garlic and lemon, and greek potato salad. Mainly for the leftovers.

So a quiet, relatively uninspired week, hopefully next week will be better as I can't blame the Olympics ending for having no idea what to cook!

Be sure to hop over to At home with Mrs M to see what everyone else is up to.

1 comment:

The Mini Mes and Me said...

Anything leftover goes to work with the Mr lol. Lovely planner x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye