Wednesday 24 October 2012

Tonight. Make it magnificent - Snickerdoodle blondies



Brownies. Everyone loves brownies don't they? Well, no, not M oddly enough - dark chocolate makes him feel really quite poorly and so naturally when brownies are around, it falls to me to eat them. Such a chore, I'm sure you understand. However, it didn't seem fair to deny him his fair share of cakey goodness, so I've been trawling the corners of the interwebs to see what I could find for him. 

My search wasn't purely from a philanthropic need to bake for M. Although don't tell him that. I'd read in Domestic Goddess about Snickerdoodles, yet it sounded to me as though if not eaten war, they would be a crunchy biscuit. Now there's nothing wrong with a crunch biscuit - bring on the gingernuts I say. But, I knew I wanted something with those flavours, that punch of cinnamon, but in a soft, cakey form. 

I'm a fairly new pinner - I love the access it gives you to more American recipes and the ability to see how other bloggers and pinners change things up. This recipe was the one I used, and the blogger who put it together came from a similar position as myself - wanting those snickerdoodle flavours, but not a crunchy biscuit. 

I used my K-mix for this recipe, and quite literally you can knock it up in about 5 minutes. So it's brilliantly quick - if you're an early riser you could even do it before work. I took it to Guides on Monday when we were cleaning out our den, and all 4 of us demolished them. So much so that I made a second batch, which have disappeared to Brands Hatch for M's boys weekend to see the Touring cars. Consequently I've got another cake in the oven for packed lunches and sweet treats this week. 

The recipe uses cup measurements, and I used my cup measures teh first time, but then converted it to British measurements the second time. So I've put both down. 

By the way, if you never, ever make anything else I blog. Make these. They're epic. 

Snickerdoodle blondies

Ingredient
American
British conversion
Plain flour
2 & 2/3 cups
400g
Baking powder
2 teaspoons
Salt
1 teaspoon
Soft brown sugar
2 cups
500g
Butter (unsalted)
1 cup
250g
2 eggs


Vanilla extract
1 tablespoon
White sugar
2 tablespoons
Ground Cinnamon
2 teaspoons

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
Grease a small roasting tin mine's about 30cm by 23cm - but you need the depth of a roasting tin
Beat the butter and brown sugar until golden and fluffy
Add the eggs, one at a time with a spoonful of the flour each time
Add the vanilla extract
Add the salt, baking powder and flour, beating well until all combined
Spread the cake batter into the tin, smoothing out the top
Mix up the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, making sure it's well combined
Sprinkle this over the cake mix, it'll feel like it's quite a thick layer but that's what you want
Bake the blondies in the oven for about 30 minutes. Let the cool in the tin, and then cut them into pieces - I made 32 individual blondies. The second time I made them I cut the slightly raised edges off (cooks perks!) and made really tidy squares. 

We had them warm with ice cream as pudding after our roast chicken last week




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye