Tuesday 31 December 2013

It's going to be a Happy new year


Image from here - a lovely card site


Seeing as I totally missed the boat with Christmas this year, I thought I'd turn over my new leaf a little early and get something up for New Year.

2013 has been an amazing year on the blog and life in general. M and I had a tough start to the year, but together we battled through it and for me both he and this blog truly were lifelines. Thingsto hold on to and treasure, that evidence that I'm good at writing and cooking (even if my photography leaves something to be desired) and am loveable.

Then as summer arrived, reaching unexpected heights we visited River Cottage and I learned how to make bread wonderfully. We paddled, made sandcastles and ate fish and chips out of paper on the seafront, all the while fielding calls from surveyors, building societies and solicitors. It was all worth it though as in September we moved into our first home. I say first but I have no intention of moving again ever.

That month heralded another surprise as we got engaged, something which was wonderful and unexpected. A proposal in our empty, scarily run down yet wonderfully hopeful new home was perfect and although it's not changed our relationship as such - has certainly given us much to look forward to.

I've achieved a lot this year - my sourdough is steadily becoming better and better, I can run 4km relatively easily, I've learned to say no to things I can't take on and importantly to ask for help when I'm anxious and fearful.

Truly I don't know what 2014 has in store - well, I know some of the things - a Spring wedding for starters. I hope that I can continue to meet new challenges with drive and determination, and that as our family begins it's formal journey we do so together.

Blogwise I don't know where 2014 will take me - I want to write more, write better and develop my photography skills. I'd like to develop and increase my readership and hopefully see where the future takes me.

A Happy New Year to you from Penelope's Pantry, I hope 2013 has been kind to you and that 2014 will be wonderful also.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye