Monday 6 January 2014

Meal planning Monday: New year new meal plan




Well, I'm sure the meal plan won't be that new, but it scanned nicely.

We're back in that period of the year that can only herald a frenzy of good intentions - no resolutions here but a commitment to being healthy.

Breakfasts - I keep telling myself I'll eat porridge, but I'd really gone off it of late - I have found a vanilla porridge recipe that seems to be working for me now though. I have a vague memory of a Jamie Oliver recipe that came out of a Sainsbury's magazine for some spiced stewed that I'm going to try to recreate too. I also have some apple butter that I think will work well too.

Lunches - we're on a bit (understatment) of an economy drive at the moment so I'm mainly eating leftovers and the rice bowls I made up and froze towards the end of last year.

Snacks - Russett apples and mini Babybels have got me through many a day of late and will continue to do so. I'm guessing it's the balance of protein and carbs that help me not get hungry, but they're definitely my snack of choice

Suppers - always the interesting bit...

Monday: M is away with his parents so I'm going to make muttar paneer and relish every pea.

Tuesday: Chorizo, bean and butternut squash chilli (I'll pop it in the slow cooker)

Wednesday: Leftover chilli

Thursday: Fish and greens with brown basmati rice, cooked in soy, chilli and ginger for me. The same for M but with chicken.

Friday: I'll have been in Leicester, so something quick and easy - maybe my not-so-secret love for chicken kiev with homemade sweet potato chips (the easiest things to make ever)

Saturday: I'll probably pop something in the slow cooker, either a brisket or a casserole to have with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. That way we can have leftovers on Sunday.

Sunday: Leftovers.

What's on your menu this week?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good plan, enjoy x

Moi said...

Thanks for linking up to #mealplanningmonday - Babybels tend to my snack of choice too, but I ate so much of them I got sick to the back teeth of the sight of them!

Moi said...

Thanks for linking up to #mealplanningmonday - Babybels tend to my snack of choice too, but I ate so much of them I got sick to the back teeth of the sight of them!

Penelope said...

Thanks happywifemumme

I'm sure I'll get sick of the Babybels soon Mrs M, you'll have to let me know what you replaced yours with!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye