Wednesday 28 May 2014

Another quick and easy: Chilli crab linguine

Last week's post on the quick and wasy smoked trout pasta seems to have gone down well (and I certainly enjoyed eating it) so I thought I'd add another standby for when I need supper to be fast, furious and filling. This one is something I have been cooking for over ten years, my Dad and I came up with it once when we were there over a weekend and I go through phases of cooking it regularly and others of forgetting it exists.

It's not quite as cheap and cheerful as many of my usual recipes - even tinned crabmeat is expensive, and although I'd love to, I've never tried it with fresh crabmeat as that to me is something really special. Again it's something that cooks up really quicklywith limited prep time too.

Chilli crab linguine (serves 2) 

1 tin fresh crab
1 red chilli, finely diced (or equivalent of lazy chilli)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 large handful parsley, chopped
1 lemon - zest grated, and juiced
3 Tbsps virgin olive oil
Linguine (or any pasta) enough for 2
Salt and pepper

Put the water on to boil and when it's ready put the pasta on - you've got the length of time it takes to cook to prepare the sauce
Crush the garlic and chop the chilli and add these to a splash of olive oil in a frying pan
Drain the crab meat and fork in the lumps breaking them up a bit as you go
Finely chop the parsley and add this and the lemon zest to the pan
Keep all of this warm while you drain the pasta
Add the pasta to the frying pan and stir through the sauce, adding the lemon juice and olive oil before you serve

This is lovely with a green salad and traditionally for me a large glass of white wine - it's a really light summery supper. And works equally well if you can pick up some prawns on special offer instead.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye