Saturday 17 November 2007

Reasons why I love my veg box

I'm clearly in a blogging mood today, but it's a year this week since I started getting a weekly vegetable box from Abel and Cole (other veg boxes are available... ) and really I just wanted to have a short moment of indulgence to praise the goodness that is the veg box:

  1. I hate supermarkets, with a passion. So a weekly veg box means I only go once a month to stock up on storecupboard ingredients and my sanity remains intact. My veggies arrive on a Friday and are left for me to pick up when I get home, packed naked in their box which is reused/ recycled every week.
  2. You are forced to cook with new ingredients, even sometimes things I've never seen or heard of before. Here I should also praise the ladies at the www.handbag.com food and drink forums. What would I do without them? New veggies cooked this year include, jerusalem artichokes, fennel, and kohlrabi - and they're just the ones I can think of.
  3. The variety of vegetables that turn up... this year I've had so far, 3 varieties of beetroot, regular deep red, pink stripy and yesterday yellow! I confess, I didn't even know that you could get beetroot in that many colours... it's like Joseph and his technicolour dreamcoat in my kitchen at the moment...




2 comments:

Jules said...

I've noticed one of my neighbors has a Abel & Cole veg box, I'm tempted to start getting a veg box again.

I have to agree about F&D at Handbag. It has inspired me to cook so many things I usually wouldn't have tried.

Jules

Anonymous said...

I love that you love your veg box but I want to hear about what you ate in New York!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye