Monday 22 October 2012

Meal Planning Monday: a week for M


So it's that time of the week. Again. Last week was lovely, hugely busy and I spent it dosed up on meds for sinusitis which was delightful, but it really was a good one. Guides was fabulous, the girls got a thank you letter from Buckingham Palace for their Jubilee cards, I spent an afternoon with my sister and my nephew and then she ran a session on Deaf awareness with the Brownies, while I failed to cure Noah of his hiccups. Bad Aunty Penny. M and I went out for dinner on Friday night, and blitzed the housework on Wednesday. So between all that, training for four days, plus the addition of runs on alternate days, I'm not sure where the week went. I also forgot to link this post up last week, but looking at that little lot - it's no surprise. 

This weekend M's been away at Brands Hatch watching the Touring cars (I think it's the final race(s) of the season, but don't quote me on that). Motor racing was a huge part of my childhood, and although I mostly dismiss it these days, it still has a fond place in my heart. Memories of watching races with my Dad while he was poorly, of playing on grassy banks while the grown ups talked cars all have their place, but nothing would make me want to spend a weekend in the wet watching cars zoom around the circuit. After all, I can spend a weekend in the wet drinking tea, eating cake and s'mores and watching 34 young women create havoc on camp! 

This week I'm away for much of it - off to sunny(?) shores on Monday, and back Thursday evening. I can't complain too much as I've only had one other night away this month. Annoyingly it means I'll miss a run on Wednesday, but what can you do? Complaining isn't going to help. So this meal plan is for M - our individual approaches to food are very different, it's fuel to him - allows him to keep on going, doing the things he wants to do. For me, well having a food blog makes it no surprise but for me its about love, about comfort, about joy. It's a way to relax, to rest my brain, to succeed.  

Breakfasts: cereal, toast and tea

Lunches: ham sandwiches, crisps, cheese, cereal bar, banana, piece of cake

Dinners

Monday: (at Welsh but if you're back in time) Sweet & sour chicken - it's in the fridge defrosting - with rice. There's yoghurt for pudding

Tuesday: Tortellini with a tomatoey pasta sauce

Wednesday: leftovers of above

Thursday: Chicken and barley soup (frozen from last week) with bread and cheese

Friday: Depending on my day and the weather, possibly minced beef hash (it's a Jamie recipe from 30 minute meals I think)

Saturday: we're at a party in the evening, so soup and sandwiches for lunch. Excitingly I've discovered a fab bakery near us that makes their own sourdough. Hurrah!

Sunday: Slow roast pork I think. I haven't done that since we moved in. If I can get a decent size piece of pork, I'll invite my sister and her family too. 

So that's our week, well M's mainly. For him, it's simple straightforward, cook and go meals. And you know what? There's nothing in the slightest wrong with that. 

I'm going to try to remember to link this up with Mrs M tomorrow, so be sure to hop around the blogs and see what everyone else is up to. 

1 comment:

The Mini Mes and Me said...

Quick, easy meals are good! They all sound great too. I hope you have a great time at the party x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye