Wednesday 6 May 2015

Slimming World lighter lunches - syn free beans

Syn free slow cooker beans Slimming World

This post continues on my lighter lunches themes - so meals I can either pack up and take out, or eat at home that I know are dairy free, soya free and syn free.

Baked beans from a tin are syn free, but to be honest, unless they're heavily doused in cheese and on a baked potato or I'm using them to eke out a cottage pie they're not something I typically choose to eat. My beans, cooked in the slow cooker are low faff, make loads and taste amazing. Although the dried chillis I'm currently using are hotter than hell and not to be recommended unless that suits your tastebuds. 

Syn free slow cooker baked beans Slimming World lunch


Slow cooker baked beans

2 red onions, diced
2 large carrots, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 peppers - I used red and yellow, diced
Handful of mushrooms, diced
1 red chilli - fresh or dried (I leave dried chillis whole, and chop fresh ones)
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 jar passata
Big splodge tomato puree
2 tins mixed beans

Put the vegetables, garlic, chilli, tomatoes, passata, tomato puree and beans in the slow cooker
Cook on high for 4 hours
Remove the lid and allow to cook for another hour

If you don't have a slow cooker, you can do these on the hob or in the oven on low. Get a casserole dish with a lid (Or fashion one out of a double layer of tin foil).
Spray your casserole with fry light, and soften your onion, fresh chilli if using and garlic for 10 minutes over a low heat
Add the other veggies and cook for another 5-10 minutes until softened
Add the tomatoes, passata, beans, tomato puree and dried chilli
Put the lid on and cook on a very low heat on the hob for an hour, or in the oven on 120 degrees for 2 hours (if you're doing it in the oven why not put some baked potatoes in too)

Serve as they are, or as an accompaniment for Slimming World sausages or meatballs, or on wholemeal toast (Healthy Extra B). If I weren't dairy free, I'd top them with some grated cheese as my Healthy Extra A stirred in so it goes all melty.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye