Monday 28 September 2015

Meal Planning Monday



After an exciting week last week, involving a family mini-break to Dorset and a trip to River Cottage for me, normal service is most definitely resumed this week. As autumn marches on and September moves into October our meal plan is definitely reflecting the change in the seasons. I want to be at my target weight for Christmas which means a final push on the Slimming World front over the next few months.

Breakfasts: Baked porridge for me and Harry, pear and ginger to start the week, and then apple and cinnamon. Apples from our tree no less!

Lunches: On Saturday I made a big slow cooker full of Chorizo, butternut squash and chorizo chilli - I've frozen most of the leftovers, save for enough for my lunches this week.

Suppers:

Today (Sunday) we're having my Super slow cooked brisket, with roast potatoes, dairy free yorkshire puddings, and veg from the veg patch.

Monday: Leftover roast beef with baked potatoes and more veggies

Tuesday: Shepherd's pie with the leftover beef - as it's not a particularly big bit of beef today it'll be eeked out with lentils and/ or baked beans

Wednesday: Leftover shepherd's pie (I seem to be playing just how far can you stretch a £5 piece of brisket)

Thursday: Baked salmon with lemon, garlic and chilli and some kind of roast amalgamation of all the veggies in the fridge

Friday: We've got some more of the Heck sausages in the freezer so those with baked potatoes and spinach and beans from the veg patch

Saturday: Chicken and butternut squash casserole without the Boursin - another slow cooker job I think, as it'll give us some lovely leftovers based lunches for the week after

Sunday: Roast chicken I think

Baking wise, I'm about to go and knock up some more flapjacks - jam and coconut ones this time.

That's us - as always, don't forget to pop on over to At Home with Mrs M and see what everyone else is up to this week. I'm also joining in with Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organising Junkie for the first time too.




14 comments:

Kirsty Hijacked By Twins said...

The chicken and butternut squash casserole sounds lovely. I love using leftovers and getting as many meals as possible out of them. I think leftover dinners are even more flavoursome! Have a great week x #mealplanningmonday

Catherine Lewis said...

I love the sound of the Chicken, Chorizo and butternut squash chilli - I've pinned it to my slow cooking board so that I can make it soon! xxx #mealplanningmonday

Kids One Stop Shop said...

What a great meal plan. I often play 1 chicken 3 meals and see what I can get out of it!

Amy said...

Sounds like a delicious week. Impressed with your frugal brisket usage.

mandydave3@gmail.com said...

I love baked salmon, its become one of my staple fish dishes since joining slimming world
#MealPlanningMonday

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

It all sounds delicious. Apples from your own tree are great. I am in Australia so our trees are just blossoming at the moment - looking forward to the apples soon!
And a trip to River Cottage, just a casual comment thrown in there! You are so lucky. Hugh has been my hero since the first River Cottage series came out and I said to myself, 'I want to do that!'
Have a lovely week.

The Lowcountry Mama said...

Baked salmon sounds delicious.. I'm going to add that to next week's plan =)

Penelope said...

@Kirsty - M says the same about leftovers dinners. He's adamant my chilli always tastes better the next day

Penelope said...

@Pushing the moon - it really is one of my favourite meals and it's so easy in the slow cooker. I honestly don't know what I'd do without mine. Thanks for pinning too.

Penelope said...

@Kids one stop shop - I do the same with chicken, I was pleasantly surprised with this brisket though - it went a lot further than the original size suggested it might (thank you lentils!)

Penelope said...

Thanks @Amy - I'm surprised and impressed myself!

Penelope said...

It's lovely isn't it @Amanda, and so healthy too. Hope Slimming World is going well for you.

Penelope said...

@Jayne it really was a wonderful day - you must pop by the post I wrote on it. I love apple blossom, when it comes out I know that summer's on it's way and it makes me so happy.

Penelope said...

@Jacquelyn it really is lovely - and such an easy way to cook fish too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye