Sunday 12 June 2016

Meal Planning Monday: 13th June 2016



No meal plan from us last week - shocking, I know! And it definitely showed in my haphazard approach to the week. We ended up with fish and chips one night, and a pizza night too. Onwards and upwards this week, once Harry wakes up we're off to Aldi to do what will hopefully not be an expensive shop.

I'm doing some baking this week - jam tarts as prep for Brownie holiday which is heading fast towards us. We're Alice in Wonderland themed, and it's just so long since I made jam tarts that I thought I'd better have a trial run. Allergies mean they'll be raspberry jam and dairy free.

My slow cooker is out at the moment for a big batch of my Chorizo and butternut squash chilli - I've not used it for a couple of weeks and have definitely missed the ease of big batch cooks, I think it'll be out three times this week!

Breakfasts: oddly for me I've been really enjoying eggs for breakfast: soft boiled, mashed onto a slice of wholemeal toast with some salt and pepper. I have to eat it stood up in the kitchen so it's not around Harry, but that's what Bing bunny is for, yes?

Lunches: this week is Aldi smoked salmon with salad. And possibly some couscous.

Suppers:

Monday - Chorizo and butternut squash chilli (I'll be having with cauliflower rice)

Tuesday - leftover chilli

Tomato-vegetable and-lentil-pasta


Wednesday - Tomato, veg and lentil pasta (I'll be having with courgetti)

Thursday - leftovers

Super-slow-roast-beef-brisket


Friday - Slow cooked beef brisket (unseasonal I know, but beef is on special at Aldi this week)

So that's our week, wonderful slow cooker to the rescue!


3 comments:

Kirsty Hijacked By Twins said...

Oooh the tomato and lentil pasta sounds lovely, we are having something similar this week! Hope you have a good week x #mealplanningmonday

Kim Carberry said...

Yum! The chilli sounds so good...
Fab meal plan. Have a great week x

E said...

That chilli sounds yum, I love the sound of the brisket too. Have a fab week x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye