Monday 13 February 2012

Meal Planning Monday: I'm still hurting


I can't believe it's that time already. Meal Planning. Last week, was a bit of a disaster in the Pantry. I had the treatment for the migraine, and although it's lessened the pain, it bruised the back of my head something shocking, and the migraine is nowhere near gone. Add that to M working late, and long hours and you have a recipe for disaster. Certainly not one meal planning will help.

Here's hoping this is a better week; less pain, fewer working hours and being a bit closer to a return to work would all be good. Especially as I turn 35. Dear God yes, I am finally Bobby from Company.

So here's this week's meal plan as it stands currently:

Monday: Leftover roast beef Cottage pie - using this recipe, with mashed swede, carrot and parsnips and savoy cabbage

Tuesday: Steak, baked potatoes and salad/ veg (well it is Valentine's)

Wednesday: Veggie burritos/ enchiladas with guacamole and salad

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Slow cooked tomato pasta (I don't think I've blogged this before. I will as it's gorgeous and tastes like it's taken a whole lot of work, whereas in fact once it's super easy)

M's packed lunches are being supplemented with sausage rolls and soups at the moment as it's just so cold. We've also got banana bread to add in there.

Lunches for me will carry on being soup - I've got two portions of split pea and frankfurter left in the freezer.

Breakfasts are porridge, with stewed fruit for me.

Baking - well every girl needs a birthday cake, and I've got some fruit that's been soaking in a lot of brandy since before I went into hospital.

Have a good week all, and don't forget to head on over to At Home with Mrs M to see what everyone else is up to

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love your meal plan! They're all meals we look forward to eating in our house. Are you going to blog the tomato pasta recipe?

Penelope said...

Oh thank you! I'll definitely be blogging the recipe as it's a recipe that's my own as opposed to an adaptation of someone elses. Hopefully be up by the weekend or early next week *crosses fingers*

Kids One Stop Shop said...

I will pop back for the tomato pasta recipe!

Moi said...

Ooh yum, lovely meal plan. Thanks for joining in.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye