Monday 23 April 2012

Sourdough starter: day two


As the title says, this is day two - can you see the little bubbles forming? Well, they're there I promise.

When I stirred it last night it was already smelling slightly yeasty and when I topped it up this morning, a little more again. I do wish I had digital scales as that would make life easier with the small quantities of flour and water I'm using - that said I will persist as I can't possibly justify buying new scales just for a starter. Especially not when I'm lusting after these bannetones. Quite a lot. I'm doing the basket dance with them.

This is part of the #sourdoughtweetalong using step-by-step guidance from Baker and Loaf I'll continue tweeting pictures using the hashtag , and doing a short blogpost each day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye