Monday 15 October 2012

Meal Planning Monday: Another week at home?

I know! I can't believe it either. Well I can, I'm busy, but just get to come home each night. Such a treat, especially as I'm in the middle of a bout of sinusitis, so expect this week's meals to be overspiced, overcooked and over here. Or something.

The kitchen is pretty much overwhelmed by fruited alcohols in various stages on the bottling process. We bought more bottles and foraged for more sloes today so those are ready to go in the freezer. Once bottled everything's being stored in the spare bedroom. Thank goodness really!

This week is a relatively normal one, M's at Welsh, I'm at Brownies and Guides and then next weekend is hopefully relatively quiet.

Baking - I got distracted from my pumpkin and apple traybake by snickerdoodle blondies which are amazing. I have photos so will blog later this week. They've been lovely with cups of tea, as a pudding with ice cream, and are making an appearance in M's packed lunches this week too. Hopefully the pumpkin and apple will make an appearance this week.

Breakfasts this week are hopefully the last lot of yoghurt, granola and fruit. I was sent the granola to try and whilst it's very nice it's over 400 calories per 100g which seems more than a little excessive when compared to my usual yoghurt topper of grape nuts. Once it's finished I'll be onto porridge and sultanas.

Lunches - well tomorrow I've got a ham and mustard sandwich, fruit, and some almonds - then for the rest of the week it'll either be leftovers or soup.

Dinners - well, as a post at the end of the week will show and tell, this is a One Chicken Many ways week, so tonight's supper was roast chicken with lemon and garlic in the cavity, roast potatoes, double podded broad beans, carrots, cauliflower,broccoli, stuffing and proper gravy. Yum. We used the Farmers Choice small chicken and it was indeed small - around 3lb - which is to be fair, perfect for us and a lovely quick roast. Very tasty too.

Monday - leftover roast chicken, with slow cooker baked potatoes, broccoli, carrots and stuffing.

Tuesday - Chicken and mushroom risotto - using some of the porcini I picked up at the Newbury show (and possibly some more of the broad beans from the freezer). Tuesday night I'll also use the slow cooker to make stock. I was hoping the chicken would do soup as well, but I think that might stretch it a bit too far - that said, if it looks like I possibly can, be assured I will.

Wednesday - Leftover risotto

Thursday - I haven't got as far as that yet! Erm... My sister and nephew are coming to help out at Brownies as part of our Disability Awareness badge, so I might do stuffed butternut squash as an antidote to the meat from the rest of the week for us. If I do, I'll be sure to blog the recipe.

Friday - We have leftover sausage pasta bake from this week, so I'll do a quick defrost and we can have that.

So that's this week - busy but hopefully not too chaotic! I'll be linking up with Mrs M, so be sure to hop on over to the linky and see what everyone else is up to.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye