Monday 14 January 2013

Meal Planning Monday: for when your get-up-and-go has got-up-and-went

The last couple of week's meal plans have been deliberately quick and easy. January being what January is, I was keen to keep it simple in the hope that straightforward eating would help manage those January blues. 

Sadly my January blues have hit full on this week. I was 'off plan' by Tuesday, it took me three days to eat a curry, I've not had a proper night's sleep all week, and my mood has dropped slowly but steadily. Today, I'm in my pyjamas watching Sunday brunch wondering just what I can cook this week to help with that. Or alternatively if I can cocoon myself in my duvet and stay there all week. 

I have a few tricks in my arsenal to manage these feelings - high doses of a Vitamin D supplement, lots of fruit and veg, and a determined approach to my running.  No one of these will make a difference, but all of them keep me distracted and enable me to keep on keeping on. 

So, this week - again, deliberately simple, healthy and hopefully enough to keep me going on. 

Breakfasts: Porridge, I've discovered a new fruity topping, which I think is going to make it into this month's favourites. 

Lunches: I'm actually out for much of the week, but am going to make a batch of Lifechanging soup today, portion it off and pop it in the freezer. I've got a pretty rubbish flask that I'm going to test out tomorrow and see if it will keep my soup hot till lunchtime. My ongoing search for a half decent flask seems never ending. Quite honestly if anyone knows of one that works would like to tell me, I'd be grateful!

Dinners

Monday: Sausages with mashed or baked potatoes (depending on when I get back from Birmingham) and braised red cabbage

Tuesday: I'm working away on Tuesday so am being rescued from the perils of the Beefeater by dinner with a friend.

Wednesday: M and I are ships in the night, so he's working away. I think I'll defrost some soup and possibly make some soda bread to go with

Thursday: Brownies, so more soup I think

Friday: we're going to see M's parents this weekend, so sadly no cooking next weekend. 

Reading this, I'm pretty sure you can tell how disinterested I am in all things culinary. I'm pretty sure I'll have shrugged it off soon enough - so hopefully normal service will resume shortly. 

Don't forget to pop on over to At Home with Mrs M to see what everyone else is up to this week (I'm sure other meal plans will be more exciting than mine. Let's face it, it's not hard) 



5 comments:

The Mini Mes and Me said...

January generally does suck to be honest! I hope you find your get up and go soon lovely x

Ffi said...

My get up and go is slowly getting up and leaving me this month too. Hope the food you eat helps!

Kim Carberry said...

I think if I didn't have the kids here I wouldn't cook as much...
My get up and go went last week but is slowly making it's way back to me...Hope you find some soon x

Unknown said...

My kids have a tall wide thermos and that keeps things piping hot until lunch. It was about £10 from Argos.

Moi said...

Hope you are starting to get over the blues, January is a sucky month Thanks for linking up with #mealplanningmonday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye