Monday 21 January 2013

Meal Planning Monday: the warm and toasty edition


I write this cwtched up on the sofa, watching the snow fall outside. I'm hopeful we'll go out sledging again later but for now I'm enjoying the warm, the endless supply of tea and the guilt free time to catch up on blogging, reading and generally some quiet time.

Next week is a bit of an unknown quantity at the moment, the snow is falling heavily (and according to the Met Office, for 12 hours today) and neither M nor I are sure if we'll be able to make it to our respective offices this week. So this is all a moveable feast.

Breakfasts - definitely porridge

Lunches - soup for both of us. We've got the last of the Sweet potato and ginger soup to finish up today/ tomorrow, and I'm going to make a quick and easy vegetable soup later today.

Dinners - we're having a roast chicken tonight, so this week is a One chicken many ways affair. I'll strip the carcass on Tuesday, make stock and some soup with the leftover meat.

Monday - Leftover roast chicken with baked potatoes, braised red cabbage and carrots

Tuesday - Chicken and mushroom risotto (I've got some runner beans in the freezer so I think I'll add some of those for added green)

Wednesday - leftover risotto

Thursday - Sausage pasta bake

Friday - leftover pasta bake

Saturday - Weather permitting M may be popping off to see his parents. I've got a Guide holiday to frantically prep for so I don't think I'll be joining him. This may mean I treat myself to the delish prawn biryani  and muttar paneer from our local Indian takeaway. In which case I'll have leftovers on Sunday.

Sunday - I'm not sure. Depends if M is here or not, and how organised or otherwise we are. At the moment I am devoid of inspiration. Which is sad.

So another week, another meal plan. The only shopping from this list is potatoes, basics mozarella, and red wine for the pasta bake (although to be honest I could use white or vermouth without much in the way of a noticeable taste change). This week is one of those when I'm grateful for maintaining a well stocked freezer as much of this is already in there in one way, shape or form.

Be sure to pop over to At Home with Mrs M to see what everyone else is up to - it was a busy week last week, so lets hope there's a good lot of us again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye