Monday 11 March 2013

Meal Planning Monday: if you change your mind


So, I wasn't going to meal plan yet this week - we have next to no food in the house and I was waiting to do a shop with M. But then today turned into a really crappy day - I had two allergic reactions this morning and ended up taking Piriton, I travelled to one of our satellite offices only to be caught in some kind of freak blizzard which ended in me having to cut my trip short, then it took me double the usual time to get home because it never snows in this country*, wasn't even forecast** so the train company couldn't cope*** Then M found out he needs to work away this week. We haven't seen each other for 2 weeks, and he's away again tomorrow. *sobs* 

So yep, crappy day. So I am now cwtched up under a blanket with my peppermint and licquorice tea watching old episodes of How I met your Mother and meal planning. 

This week's meal plan is going to be creative... 

Breakfasts: poached eggs, or porridge, or a toasted bagel with peanut butter.

Lunches: soup is still the order of the day. Tomato and cannelini bean or Split pea and frankfurter

Dinners

Monday: I would love to put something healthy and well balanced in here. Truth be told, I've just eaten two crumpets with marmite and a fairy cake.

Tuesday: Smoked haddock, peas, bread & butter

Wednesday: Slow cooker sausage and sweet potato casserole (recipe to follow)

Thursday: We're doing a sponsored walk for Comic Relief, so an after Brownie supper of Pantry pasta

Friday: Pork carnitas (recipe to follow) made into fajitas. 

Saturday: I'm at ICANDO all day with the Brownies so maybe a takeaway as it's guaranteed I'll be shattered

Sunday: A rare day together so I think a roast. 

A busy week as usual. We've got Comic Relief fairy cakes in the cake tin, and I've got a Simnel cake to make ready for Easter. 

Enjoy your week, and be sure to pop over to At home with Mrs M to see what all the other meal planners are up to. 

* This is a lie
** This is also a lie
*** This isn't

2 comments:

Momma L said...

"I would love to put something healthy and well balanced in here. Truth be told, I've just eaten two crumpets with marmite and a fairy cake." This made me giggle!! Craving crumpeyts and marmite now though - can't beat it! L x

Lauren - Big Eejit said...

Monday night's dinner - you are my hero!!!! Hope you have a good week, your meals are lovely :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye