Monday 20 May 2013

Meal planning Monday: the wholly disorganised edition

It's that time of the week again already. I'm lucky to be having a long weekend so have tomorrow off. However that doesn't exempt me from meal planning. Although M did cook sausage casserole for tea tonight so aside from a loaf of sourdough I've had pretty much the day off from cooking. 

Friday night was a bit of a baking marathon; snickerdoodle blondies and jam & peanut butter bars for our Division working day yesterday. It's a wonderful day regardless of the weather. One of the things that make me proudest to be a Guiding volunteer is the way that other leaders give up not only their free time for the girls, but unselfishly for projects like maintaining our campsites in the understanding that you can't just take the good things, be they cheap camp fees, beautiful bluebell woods, or pretty much unlimited wood stocks - you must give back and not just monetarily, of yourself and your time. I suppose I'm a huge believer that you get back of life what you put in, and I must say that a day brambling at Cherry is so satisfying in terms of what you can see that you achieve really does make me feel better about the facilities I take for granted as being available to us throughout the year. 

Anyway, back to meal planning - this week I'm training all week again, and then we're off to see M's parents next weekend for the bank holiday. 

Breakfasts: last week they were yoghurt and fruit for me, but as we're out of both it'll be weetabix until we get to the Supermarket!

Lunches: Salads for me again, and I think this week they'll be with smoked mackerel

Dinners

Monday: The pot roast beef I meant to do today, roast potatoes, carrots and brocolli

Tuesday: Leftover roast beef with baked potatoes

Wednesday: Cottage pie with peas

Thursday: Leftover cottage pie and vegetables

Hopefully if I can pick up a brisket at the butchers when I'm out on my travels tomorrow, I can slowly pot roast that and it should do enough leftovers for the week. I say that with fingers crossed of course. 

So, that's my week - how's yours shaping up? Be sure to head on over to At Home with Mrs M to see what everyone else has on their meal plan. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye