Monday 24 August 2015

Meal Planning Monday



I've kind of lost my meal planning mojo over the summer. My tendency in the warm has been to pick up a chicken from the Supermarket and roast it, mainly to provide cold meat for the week. Baked potatoes, and salad from the garden have featured heavily. That said, even M looked sad when I said "Roast chicken?" this week, so I thought it was time to get back on it. Please note we've got roast chicken on the plan still - I listened, it just works! 

I've changed how Harry's eating a little bit of late as he's in the midst of dropping a nap, so supper is a bit of a race against his drooping eyelids. I was bringing it earlier and earlier and then decided to switch up lunch and supper - making the latter more of a picky, light meal and swapping the main meal to lunchtime. As regular readers will know I'm always conscious about maintaining Harry's weight so for me I'm really happy that for him this has worked so well. 

I'm still doing Slimming World (although I suspect I'm the worst slimmer in our group) the combination of a restricted diet and mummy hood really don't always leave me particularly motivated. But I've kicked myself into touch of late and seem to be doing a little bit better. 

Breakfasts - I'm in the midst of a shocking cough and cold (that we've all had, I just got it last) so am mainly breakfasting on toast, marmite and fruit. Once I'm feeling better I'll be back onto my overnight oats, but right now I need something that's dryer. 

Lunches - I've been making up a bowl of something like a quinoa, couscous or pasta salad and having that for my lunches. It keeps me from grabbing a sarnie (bread is my downfall) and as it's ready and in the fridge I do actually eat. Funnily enough, when I'm disorganised and skip meals I seem to lose even less weight! 

Suppers

Monday - Pulled pork, with baked sweet potatoes, corn on the cob and salad

Tuesday - Leftovers in a wrap with rice and sweet potato wedges for M, with salad and sweet potato wedges for me

Wednesday - Roast chicken, potatoes, broccoli and carrots 

Thursday - Leftover roast chicken, baked potatoes and salad 

Friday - Much to M's dismay I've completely gone off risotto (perhaps because when it's cheese and butter free it's just rice and stuff) so either a soy sauce free chicken chow mien, or a stir fried chicken and broccoli. 

Saturday - we're at CarFest for M's birthday so I'm hoping for something fab and dairy free. We'll take Harry a Yumbox and I'm going to hope that there's going to be dairy and soya free fare on offer *fingers crossed* 

Sunday - My super speedy chilli I think - as it'll provide us with lots of leftovers in the week ahead. 

I'm not planning on baking this week as I'm trying to be good, and also I just don't fancy anything! 

Be sure to hop on over to At Home with Mrs M and see what everyone else is up to as the summer holidays come to a close. 

2 comments:

Emmyw said...

Yum, yum, yum! Great looking meal plan. Can I come round yours for dinner tonight?! Gosh, the need to be good is so difficult when looking at other peoples meal plans. It's just soup and salads for me this week :'(

Unknown said...

Chilli has got to be one of my favourite meals. It always seems to feature in my weekly meal plan. I too seem to be roasting a lot of chickens lately to provide meat for salads etc. It just seems to be the perfect "go to" tea on a hot day. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye