Tuesday 17 August 2010

Where did I go?


Follow the children
Where do I go
Follow their smiles

And yes, I'm on a bit of a Hair kick right now. Thanks Lauren, for the introduction to Hair, and the navigation towards the new Hummingbird in Soho. So this long overdue post is filled with peace, love, freedom, happiness and cake. Always with the cake*.

Photobucket



Actually there's less cake than usual. As I've been more the picture on the left than the one on the right over the last few months. Naturally I'm still eating, because otherwise I wouldn't be writing at all, but it's fair to say that a lot of chicken salads, sandwiches, and bowls of pasta have been the order of the day. And quite frankly you don't want to read about me throwing pesto over some pasta, or even shredding some chicken into a bowl of salad. It's not interesting, exciting, or cake. In any way, shape or form.

As always in the summer, cafes, camps and holidays take up much of my time. It's fair to say that for a few weeks I was coming home, dumping bags, having a proper shower, doing vast quantities of navy blue washing, then packing and leaving again. Much time has been spent in tents, on camp chairs, drinking tea and laughing. You see, the stress, the fundraising, the tiredness, the colds and the permanent attachment to a bottle of Calpol 6+ (not actually for me) all pales into insignificance when you factor in the laughing, the eggy bread, the fact that it's OK to walk around in your pyjamas and wellies and not brush your hair for the best part of a weekend. But mainly the laughing with people who are friends, and people who you become to realise could become friends.

I thought I'd show you some picture posts of our camps and holidays, and thought I should just note that you'll notice in the main that there's an absence of children. This isn't because I'm actually fraudulent and running an empty unit! But I'm a bit wary of posting their pictures all over the interwebs. You'll also notice some foodie content (I know! Shocker!) including cake, and somewhat randomly, ratatouille. There's also a special post upcoming about homemade enchiladas for Jess of Dreaming Wide Awake

So, signing off for now, is Penny, Guider at 4th Friern Barnet, sometime blogger of food and cake.

* Cake may have been a small lie in this post which was mainly geared towards actually putting some content on this blog again!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye