Monday 2 April 2012

Meal Planning Monday: The Leftovers edition


Every day in every way I'm getting better and better. Truly. Cast off, headaches diminshing (albeit slowly), the sunshine and glorious spring weather are definitely helping. Finally this week I'm back in the classroom which I think will be the clear indicator about how much better I really am. Fingers crossed it goes as well as I hope.

Last week in the Pantry was a busy one - did you see my giveaway? Did you? Did you enter yet? Go on, you know you want to.

We have a four day week at work, so in theory less to think about, and we're off to M's parents at the weekend. I had hoped to recreate my Christmas success with a slow roast shoulder of lamb for Easter Sunday, but as we have M's house on the market, and you can't swing a cat in my house for fear of hitting the rocking chair or wardrobe - it was clearly the logical decision.

For some reason I have leftover roast chicken and roast pork in the fridge, so need to use those up this week. My natural instinct for roast potatoes and steamed veggies only goes so far.

Breakfasts, for me will be yoghurts and fruit (fresh or frozen). Although I do have some sourdough left over from my treat breakfasts at the weekend that I may sneak in there.

Lunches, I got some lovely rocket in last week's veg box, so that with carrot and pepper sticks and houmous.

Baking, I want to finally get those individual simnel cakes in the oven this week - as I've got neither Brownies nor Guides to get to, I'm hoping I'll be more successful. If I've got some spare time for a really slow rise after all of that, then some hot cross buns, using Scottish Morning rolls as a basis for the recipe, but sweetening the dough with dried fruit steeped in some form of alcohol (or tea if I'm feeling abstemious).

Dinners:

Monday - Chicken and spinach curry (my Dad's recipe which I have still never managed to blog) with brown rice/ naan

Tuesday - Leftover slow roast pork with baked sweet potatoes and steamed cabbage

Wednesday - I've got half a chorizo to use up so Chorizo, pepper and butternut squash chilli

Thursday - let's hope for leftovers of the above. With greek yoghurt to take out any heat.

Friday - I'll be doing parental IT for the day, so fingernails with a side order of gin? I'm sure Mum will sort out something lovely.

Be sure to pop over to At Home with Mrs M to see what everyone's up to this Easter week.

2 comments:

Lauren Jewhurst said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. The chorizo, pepper and squash chilli sounds great!

Penelope said...

It really is. Such a quick and easy dinner, one of those bung it all it, watch an hour of rubbish telly whilst knitting and then it's done. It would work fabulously in a slow cooker too I reckon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye