Monday 16 November 2015

Meal Planning Monday



Afternoon - just a little note here, pre meal plan to apologise for the radio silence. Life has been as busy as ever; Harry's had a horrible chesty cough and is teething so no one is sleeping much, and in order to get some rest I've been heading off to bed by 8pm at the latest. Which cuts down my window for blogging a fair old amount. Add that to the fact that I'm trying to clear the freezer so that I can defrost it before Christmas means we're on freezer surprise a fair old amount. As well as trying to do a pre Christmas spring clean. Ideally this week. All help gratefully accepted.

So, yes... busy, busy, busy. Unfortunately on top of this a recent migraine seems to have affected my peripheral vision and I'm now a glasses wearer which has taken some getting used to.

That said, it's not all doom, gloom and sleeplessness in the Pantry - I've got an exciting project coming up in partnership with Ikea in the New Year, so watch this space if you're interested in sustainable living.

So meal planning ahoy...

Breakfasts are porridge pretty much all the time now. I make porridge much like I cook rice, by warming the almond milk up to almost boiling, adding the oats and a grated apple before putting the lid on the pan and turning the hob off. 5 minutes later, perfect porridge.

Lunches are soup, soup soup... This week it'll be carrot and lentil I think. Owing to the fact that I have lots of both in the house.

Suppers:

Monday - Beef & Guinness casserole with dumplings. I first made this last year in the oven, but have made it this time in our new slow cooker. We'll be having it with kale and carrots from the garden.

Tuesday - Leftover casserole with mashed/ baked potatoes, green beans (that we froze when we picked them earlier this year) and broccoli

Wednesday - Bacon, mushroom and tomato pasta

Thursday - Leftover pasta

Friday - Schnitzel and homemade chips

Saturday - Slow roast pork (remind me to get it out of the freezer on Friday)

Sunday - we've got a family do to go to, but if we're hungry when we get home we can have leftover pork.

Hopefully that'll make this week's shop a smallish one as all the meat is in the fridge or freezer already.

I'm linking up with Mrs M, and I'm an organising Junkie as always so be sure to pop on over to both of their Linkies and see what the other planners are up to.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye